Java App not working

  • From: tsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:10:22 -0700

We are looking to try out a java app that one of our vendors has out there
on their web page, but are having difficulty bringing it up.  Here is what
I think is wrong.  We require authentication on our outgoing web requests
for autiting and reporting purposes.  If I turn off the authentication the
java app fires off OK.  When I turn the authentication back on and look in
the logs, I see that my computer is connecting anonymously to the java app
and I am recieving a 407 error(Proxy authentication).  Is there a way to
make the java session to authenticate itself to allow me through.