RE: Installing ISA Server on a non-private LAN

  • From: "Peter Piltingsrud" <greenway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:30:27 -0500

I ran into the same problem when I started working for my current company.
100+ computers, all on a 200.1.1.X addressing scheme.  Since I was switching
the domain controllers from NT4 to 2000 w/ active directory, I had to change
all the addressing anyway.  The PDC wouldn't let me create a DHCP range that
began with '200.', so I just sucked it up and changed it all.

But one way around it may be to ignore the LAT (or fudge it somehow) and use
the network's users and groups (if the login servers are Windows-based) to
create rules instead of basing it off IP addresses.  For example, I created
a user group called 'Internet Users' on the PDC and added all the users that
need to access the Internet to the group.

Dunno if this helps any, but I've found that some of the stuff I've been
through here has been somewhat unique..