Imported rules working upside down !

  • From: "Tiago de Aviz" <Tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:53:03 -0300

Hello, folks! Happy monday =D

I was working on a customer's ISA 2004 this weekend (reinstalling),
where we made three backups of ISA's configuration:

-Right-click on the server itself, backup
-Right-click on the server itself, export
-Right-click on Firewall Policy, export

On all cases Confidential Information was exported.

When the box was reinstalled, I installed ISA 2004 with SP1 again, and
when we decided to bring the rules back, the first two backups didn't
come back, acusing a "Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff)".

Firewall Policies were imported. Since it was Saturday, I didn't feel
like discovering what was causing that, since I got what I really wanted
(Firewall Policy). There was really minimal additional configuration
involved since I had that box well documented.

We tested f the clients were browsing the Web properly, and everything
seemed ok.

Today I had to go back there, to find that some rules (majorly those
that involved Firewall Client traffic) were working backwards. I did
some minor modifications on these rules and they started working as they
should.

Anyone ever saw this? (Import errors or the whacked rule behavior?)

Tiago de Aviz
SoftSell - Curitiba
(41) 3340-2363
www.softsell.com.br

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, tem caráter confidencial e seu
conteúdo é restrito ao destinatário da mensagem. Caso você tenha
recebido esta mensagem por engano, queira por favor retorná-la ao
destinatário e apagá-la de seus arquivos. Qualquer uso não autorizado,
replicação ou disseminação desta mensagem ou parte dela é expressamente
proibido. A SoftSell não é responsável pelo conteúdo ou a veracidade
desta informação.