ISA/Win2003 and Bandwidth Priorities ?

  • From: "Detelin Batchovski" <DBatchovski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:42:49 +0200

Hello All,
I have some troubles with Bandwidth Priorities on ISA Server instaled on
Windows 2003.Does somebody have success with this issue on Win2003 ?
Now when I turn on Bandwidth Control, ISA server stop provide access to
internet for all clients.When disable, everything working.Nothing
strange in event log.NIC's are 2xRTL8139C and Intel PRO/1000.
As I read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;331062
"Running ISA Server on Windows Server 2003" it seems this is supported
configuration ?

Also I have this book "Configuring ISA Server 2000 : Building Firewalls
for Windows 2000" and there I read that bandwidth priorities works with
QoS   component.
And in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318602
"QoS Changes in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP" I read :

"Effects on QoS Administrators
ACS no longer exists on Windows Server 2003. The RSVP service still runs
on the host as a conduit between program and traffic-control components.
However, no RSVP messages are generated.
GQoS programs can mark packets without ACS policy approval. Note that
traffic-control programs can mark packets on Windows 2000, Windows XP,
and Windows Server 2003. Older programs that use the IP_TOS socket
option can mark packets on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0. Administrators must
manage these types of programs in their networks appropriately for their
network and program requirements."

Thanks in advance.
Detelin