Re: ISA2004 VPN Wizard?

  • From: "Paul" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:53:44 -0600

Hello,
 Well I was able to find the really informative article on 'Enabling the
ISA Server 2004 VPN' on isaserver.org. Thanks for this and many other
great articles.

I saw that in the article you have the "Allow - All outbound protocols"
also. This makes me feel more confident about my setup. I was worried
about giving remote VPN clients access to protocols they dont need to help
against worms and viruses useing odd protocols and ports. I guess it was
the same thought process as giving internal clients only access to HTTP
and FTP exnternally instead of having an allow out rule.

I guess ISA 2004 will securely contain the VPN client? What are your
opinions on this subject?

Thanks!
Paul