RE: ISA2000 Destination Sets disappearing

  • From: "David Farinic" <davidf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:37:13 +0100

>Was this DS being created via script?
Yes. Probably process running Destination Update script was killed which
caused corrupted command file for ISA. Problem was also that corruption
error in set update file was not detected/visible/discarded by ISA and
it produced instead clear Destination Sets View + it accepted new
commands for destination sets even it could not execute them at that
time.
Actually when ISA Dest.Sets queue was stuck and there were no
Destination Sets showing in ISA MMC I entered new test Dest.Set which
after deleting of stuck command file executed and added that test Dest.
Set.

Anyway deleting of corrupted update file and registry entry freed queue
and all dest.set changes applied correctly ....problem solved...

Now I am more concern how to run safely script updating destination set
so this will not happen again.

>Unless you were monitoring registry and file access when this happened,
>there's no way to know what caused it.
Yeh we did run regmon

Regards DavidF