RE: ISA ssl owa AND webs...

  • From: Michael <freakywinston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:58:36 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Tom You are RIGHT on... Let me say it this way, and perhaps put a little
twist on it:

I do need to bridge BOTH, a web site and OWA site ultimately found on the LAN
going through ISA from the internet.. I wish to use SSL from the internet
client to ISA, then SSL from internal card of ISA to the appropriate server on
the LAN - when the intenet user types Mail.Widgets.com they connect to
172.1.1.1 bound to external (actually DMX through a PIX), when they use
Internet Explorer and reach www.Widgets.com they connect to 172.1.1.2 both of
these addresses and bound to the same Network interface card that is named DMZ,
ISA defines the interfaces as "External" I haven't changed the definitions of
the interface, and DID NOT use the templates in ISA either. Both the OWA and
Web sites are physically located behind the ISA server (on the LAN) again, I
have a split DNS solution in place. (MX record on the internet resolve to
mail.widgets.com and the web site  www.widgets.com resolve corectly too)... So
again, you are RIGHT on.

THANKS TOM...  I know you must get slamed with questions all the time... I feel
the need to Offer something to you (Wisconsin Cheese!!) or perhaps someday I
will be able to help you out... it'll just some back - Karma I guess!

Mike

Thomas W Shinder <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org
Hi Mike,

No problem about the email address. :)

let's see if I have this right. You have two IP addresses bound to the external
interface: a primary address (the one on top) and a secondary address.

You want to publish two SSL sites. You need to create two different sites, one
using FBA and one using only Basic auth. One listener is bound to the primary
address and the second listener is bound to the secondary address.

Am I right so far?

Thanks!

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder