ISA server drops the connection

  • From: "Adrian Grancea" <agrancea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:58:17 -0700

Greetings,

Let me give you more info about the settings:
- The LAN interface has the following TCP/IP 192.168.15.1 / 24 and default
 gateway the same.
- The WAN interface has the following TCP/IP 66.207.210.90 / 29, default
gateway 66.207.210.90, DNS 66.207.192.4
The ISA server is used to connect a web / ftp server to the internet and
to receive external e-mails on an internal Exchange server. It's not used
as a proxy.

The problem is that on average once a day , trying to connect from
internet to web / ftp is not working and the e-mails are not received on
the Exchange.

The test I run is to ping from the ISA server the external dns,
66.207.192.4 and there is no reply. I can ping 66.207.210.89, the gateway
interface.

The workaround is to do
ping 66.207.192.4 -t
disconnect the LAN interface patch cord, and watch the screen. In about 5
- 10 seconds there is a reply and can connect the patch cord to the hub
again.
Everything work fine from that moment.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them.

Regards,
Adrian