RE: ISA server access security

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT7)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:35:12 -0500

Yes, this is what I have done because our base server admins are a bunch of
egotistical, self-righteous, .....

Ok, sorry 'bout that.  As unMicrosoft-recommended as it is, put specific
user-id's in the permissions list of a server / array.  This way jerky
admins and others you don't want to have the ability to configure ISA can't
add themselves to groups to get access.  Make sure to leave the SYSTEM
account in the list and make sure you don't apply changes without yourself
having full-control :)

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT7
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx