[isalist] Re: ISA newbie

  • From: Raj <rajkishore.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:24:24 +0530

Hi Neal

This is Raj, I am also a new to ISA and also for the networking, but the
scenario you are making is same as I configured for my systems...

So let me explain if it works for you............

1> configure both the server with two lans one as external and one as
internal.
2> then in the internal network address range set the range like
192.168.1.60 to 192.168.1.65 on both the servers
3>  then set the internal ip of the servers within these range.
4>  then make a simple rule to communicate between the internal network.
Like all outbound protocols from internal to local host.....

5> Finally smile and you could ping the servers from each other.....

::))

Regards
Raj....................

On 5/29/06, Neal Opperman <sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi I'm Neal from Namibia,

We are trying to connect two servers Server no.1 and Server no2. with each
other and both has more than one interface.

The one has a Extrernal ip lets say A and a internal ip lets say B,

The other server has ISA server 2000 on With default ip lets say AA and
another internal IP lets say BB,

Ip A and AA is on the same range and subnet.

We're trying to ping from Server no. 1 thru ip A to Server no.2 thru ip AA
to ip BB.

We configured the packet filtering to accept packets for icmp from ip A to
ip AA on the ISA server 2000,

But are strugeling to connect to BB with the ping command.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kind Regards

Neal.

-- Rajkishore Upadhyay email:- rajkishore.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx rajkishore_doon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx phone:- 9868943864 Address : Z-175 Sector 12 Noida (UP)