RE: ISA in Domain or Workgroup

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:24:23 -0500

The difference is a centralized account database.  In a workgroup setting
your user accounts and groups have to local to the ISA server in order to
use user-based access control.  You would not necessarily be using the same
account to authenticate to ISA as you are to authenticate to the
workstation.  In a domain setting your user accounts and groups would be on
the domain controller so you can use the same account for any kind of
access.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx