Re: ISA behind PIX

  • From: Nathan Simpson <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:03:08 +1100

Plenty here will say why use PIX, just use ISA. Only need ISA, only need
ISA. Maybe you do only need ISA and maybe you don't.

But if you do use a PIX, which we do and maybe plenty of others but they
are too afraid to speak up, just set the default gateway of the ISA to your
PIX, or your router which has a default gateway of your PIX and away you
go.

We are using our ISA just for proxy, so we only need the one NICin the ISA
server. Then we block all outgoing HTTP/S and FTP on the PIX except for the
ISA server.

HTH

Nathan