ISA as DHCP Server

  • From: "Peter" <pladd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:09:08 -0600

In Tom's Book, he details how to use the ISA 2004 server as a DHCP server.
 Recently, I have been reading about Windows 2003 Secure DNS updates and
how the DHCP server impacts that process; ie, the use of a dedicated
account for security reasons.

Thus, my question is, is it a good idea to use the ISA 2004 Server as the
DHCP server?  Could this be a potential security issue in terms of the
DHCP server's ability to edit zone records on behalf of the client?

Thus for any input.  As always, the input is very valuable.