ISA and POST requests

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT5)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:14:27 -0500

I've run into something weird.  I have a number of sites that I can't access
through ISA (but can through other proxy products).  The only thing I can
see that they have in common is that they are POST requests.  I've sent the
exact same request with a browser I wrote using the exact same request
headers through a couple of different proxy servers.  Everything is cool
except when I send the request through ISA in which case I get a 503 Service
Unavailable.  That error actually comes from an upstream server (SQUID).
Here is the request I send:

---- BEGIN REQUEST
POST http://inq.waionline.com/paymentinq.cgi HTTP/1.0
Connection: Close

password=<7 character password goes here>&go=Login
----- END REQUEST

Here's what I get back from SQUID:

---- BEGIN RESPONSE
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Via: 1.0 QUI8FHISA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:59:58 GMT

<all the HTML of the squid error message>
---- END RESPONSE

Anyone else having problems sending form data?  I get this even with an ISA
using SP1 (cache mode so the smtp filter thingy doesn't apply).

-Shawn