ISA and ADSL (Australia)

  • From: "Bruce Fowler" <security@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 20:14:07 -0700

Hello everyone.

I am currently experimenting with ADSL on ISA on W2K server SP2 as an
alternative to the same on Proxy. Reading through the information at
Learning Zone I've got a couple of questions that I'm hoping some of you
may be able to help me with (this is my first experience with ISA, so
don't laugh too loud if the questions are lame):

Configuration

Windows 2000 Server (standalone workgroup)
ISA Server
South NIC 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0
PPPoE (BigPond ADSL) Rotating DHCP allocation from
144.137.3.x/255.255.255.0 and 61.9.139.x/255.255.255.0
North NIC 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0

Notes

Registry values do not match the MAC addresses of the installed adaptors
(went by the IP allocation instead)

Registry entry added to North adaptor:
REG_DWORD IPAutoconfigurationEnabled = 0

DHCP Server address reads as 1.1.1.1 from the PPPoE adaptor. Not sure how
this can work as the external IP for the DHCP Client Filter in ISA

This configuration (sans ISA) works fine for local web browsing. As soon
as ISA is installed, I run into a number of problems which appear to
mainly relate to DNS.

I would appreciate any assistance with the above, and/or referral to other
resources specific to ISA/ASDL and/or particular issues with the Telstra
BigPond implementation in Australia.

Thank you all in advance,

Regards,

Bruce Fowler