[isalist] ISA VPN & windows connectivity.

  • From: "Stuart Tonge" <stuart.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:27:24 +0100

HI everyone.

I have an ISA server setup on a client site.

I have configured the server to allow inbound VPN connections. When I
connect internally it works fine.

When I connect externally, the connection succeeds but then I can't
actually connect to the resources.

On my local network we use the 192.168.0.x range.

The remote network also uses this range.

When I connect to the VPN the DNS works - I can nslookup the remote
servers name & receive the correct information - which my local DNS
server does not have. However, when I connect to the remote server
\\ServerName a local server is instead connected to.

The local server has the same IP of the remote server, in this case
192.168.0.3

I had thought that by default windows VPN 'stopped' local network
connectivity while connected to a VPN, but this does not appear to be
happening here and so the client is not connecting to the remote
resources correctly.

All help appreciated.

Thanks! Stuart.