RE: ISA VPN and DHCP`

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:18:44 -0800

More follow-up:

I've noticed that my recent client has the same internal IP address as my
site. This actually posed an issue when connecting to their site.
My site was picking up my internal IP address and when connected to their
site resources could not be found because the VPN'ed resources were trying
to resolve back on my site where they could not be found.

I also run a back to back with DMZ in the middle all with private addresses.
On the internal site DHCP is just fine, however, I don't have a DHCP server
out in the DMZ.  So, I decided to use the non-routable 169.x.x.x address on
the external fire wall for my list of address for incoming VPN connections
rather then DHCP.

I still have VPN issues but things are getting closer.

Thank you,

Joseph