[Q] ISA Server and Reporting

  • From: "Bakari Allen" <ballen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:18:05 -0400

Can someone help me understand/fix a problem I am having with reporting.
I have ISA configured in cache-only mode in our test environment on a
Win2K stand-alone box. The purpose is to cache web content and control
what users can and cannot access over the web. Everything is working
correctly except the reporting feature. I am exporting the information
to an SQL server via the ODBC setup on the ISA server.

There are 3 reports configured to run; one daily, one weekly and one
monthly. It seems the reporting worked fine when I had the logs going to
a text file on the ISA box, however, when I switched to the SQL server,
the report generation continued, but there was no content in the
reports. I have deleted the report jobs and recreated them to no avail.
Additionally, I have stopped the services and switched back and forth
several time but I just can't get the reports to populate with data.

Has this occurred to anyone else? If so, can you explain why or what I
can do to remedy this issue? Otherwise, I'll have to look for another
method or product to serve our purposes.

TIA,

Bakari A. Allen
Director of Information Technology
Jackson and Hardwick, LLC