ISA Server alert: Failed to create a network socket because there are no available ports

  • From: "Darryl Janetzki" <darrylj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:10:26 +1000

ISA Server name: PROXY

The Web Proxy service failed to create a network socket because there
are no available ports on this computer. ISA server already reset the
maximal port number to 65535. Make sure this is the value at
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Service\TcpIp\Parameters\MaxUsePort and
restart the computer to apply this change

I have checked the registry settings and it appears to be correct. The
failure occurs after about 7 days of operation. The problem impacts
internal intranet web sites only. In addition, the problem occurred
after restoring the ISA2000 server from a system state backup. I was
anticipating that the W2k3 SP1 would have resolved the problem. The
reason the server was restored was to resolve a problem with the SMTP
filter/message screener

OT W2k3 SP1 kills of CITRIX FR3 servers (11 fatal bugs with SP1)

Any suggestions welcome for resolving the ISA2000 port failure. I am not
keen to reschedule a restart of the services each day

Darryl Janetzki