Re: ISA Server - SPAM

  • From: "Kingery, Mark" <Mark.Kingery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:00:24 -0600

I run GFI MailEssentials on a separate server than my ISA and mail servers.
ISA routes mail to my relay server (GFI), in turn my relay server then scans
it for spam and virus files, once all is okay, it then sends it to my Mail
servers. I have found that you need to have a powerful enough machine to
make this product work with Windows 2000 IIS and SMTP. I have it on a
Windows 2000 Server SP2, I have had some issues with the mail getting stuck
in the SMTP directory, however if I recycle the SMTP service it sends it
out.  I have not upgraded to SP3 yet to see if that will fix it.

Otherwise I like the product and it works great.

Mark