[isalist] Re: ISA Intra Array Authentification

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:00:30 -0800

My

Freakin'

FSM

Congratulations - you've officially moved Tony Su up a rung on the ISA
ladder.

Critique of your process:

"B> I login with Local Computer Account wich happened to have same
username and password like a domain account." - this is bright - it
makes account-based attacks that much easier.  Anyone want to take a
shot?

"B> this command was not working but I navigate in dos mode to the right
folder." - "this command" included two separate commands; care to
elaborate on which one failed?

"Following the instructions was simple since I have nothing to do only
pres Space to begin capturing and End Capturing but between this two
points I done nothing, since no one tell me what do to between this two
points." - Based on your responses so far, your lips must also be
turning dark blue.   You must generate traffic that produces the error
response.  ISABPapack told you this *if* you paid the slightest
attention to the screen messages.

"http://web.bizarnet.ro/PrivStmt.doc"; - That file is the ISABPAPack
privacy statement.

We'll try it one more time and I'll be as specific as possible:

1.       Log on to your problematic ISA Server using an account which
has local administrator privileges

2.       Breathe in; breathe out

3.       Start | Run | cmd

4.       Breathe in; breathe out

5.       Navigate to the ISABPA installation folder

6.       Breathe in; breathe out

7.       Type 'isabpapack +repro' (no quotes)

8.       Breathe in; breathe out

9.       When ISABPAPack prompts you, hit <space>

10.   Breathe in; breathe out

11.   Move to the test client machine

12.   Breathe in; breathe out

13.   Perform the action at a client machine which produces the "Error
Code: 502 Proxy Error. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
(1326) " error.

14.   Breathe in; breathe out

15.   Return to the ISA Server

16.   Breathe in; breathe out

17.   In the cmd window where ISABPA is patiently waiting for your
return, hit <space>

18.   Breathe in; breathe out

19.   Observe the messaging in the command window

20.   Breathe in; breathe out (repeat while ISABPAPack finishes its
tasks)

21.   Observe the .cab file that appears on the desktop when the process
completes (ISABPAPack also tells you this)

22.   Breathe in; breathe out

23.   Copy that .cab file to your web site

24.   Breathe in; breathe out

25.   Respond with a link to the resulting data

26.   Breathe in; breathe out

Any further respiration is your own responsibility.

27.  Log on to your problematic ISA Server using an account which has
local administrator privileges

B> I login with Local Computer Account wich happened to have same
username and password like a domain account.

28.  Start | Run | cmd

29.  Type 'Cd "%ProgramFiles%\microsoft isabpa"' (use the double-quotes
since the path has spaces)

B> this command was not working but I navigate in dos mode to the right
folder.

30.  Type 'isabpapack +repro' (no quotes)

B> yes.

31.  Follow the instructions

Following the instructions was simple since I have nothing to do only
pres Space to begin capturing and End Capturing but between this two
points I done nothing, since no one tell me what do to between this two
points.

32.  Respond with a link to the resulting data

http://web.bizarnet.ro/PrivStmt.doc

Note: Do NOT clear out your event logs prior to running this utility;
there is important data that can help solve this issue.

Event log was not cleared on this server since few days.

Please provide further guidance.