Re: ISA Enterprise Edition and Active Directory

  • From: Memet Anwar <memet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:31:46 +0700

Hi Shane,

I agree with Jim, Ent. Array only gives centralized management, etc.

For load balancing and redundancy you might want to consider using Win2K
Network Load Balancing.

Here we use W2K NLB to create a virtual IP that maps to proxy.ourdomain.com.
Users browser are configured to use that DNS record as their proxy (enforced
using AD Group Policy). The firewall clients are also setup to use the same
record as their ISA Server.

So far we never had problems with this configuration. When one of the
servers down for maintenance, the other will take over all the loads.

Regards,

memet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
MCSE (sort of ..)