Re: ISA 2004 vs. Symantec Gateway Sec. 5400

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 05:57:39 -0800

Wait for ISA 2004.
It allow you to enforce the same ruleson all networks.
Better yet, get the public beta and start playing with it.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 06:03:19 -0700
 "Manfred" <md.fk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi,

in our company we want to replace one of our ISA 2000 firewalls, because
it is not very flexible in relation to DMZ. Now we have a discussion, if
we should wait for ISA 04 or if we should acquire Symantec Gateway Sec.
5400 Series (including virus scanning, anti spam, intrusion prevention,
...). Has anyone experience with both systems and can give some hints.

Thank you,
Manfred