ISA 2004 as an HTTP Accellerator

  • From: "Federico" <egopfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:00:20 +0100

Hi all,

My scenario is quite simple, I have different web server in my public DMZ and I
want to publish them using ISA 2004 as an http accellerator.

Now, for techinical issues I must use a single-ethernet-adapter configuration
on my ISA server; my question is:

Is possible to accellerate traffic for different destination for the same
domain ?

Example A:
client request -> www.mysite.com -> ISA proxies request to -> myinternalserver-1
client request -> www.mysite.com/tests -> ISA proxies request to ->
myinternalserver-2

or, in more real scenarios:

Example B:
client request -> www.mysite.com -> ISA proxies request to -> myinternalserver-1
client request -> www.yoursite.com -> ISA proxies request to ->
myinternalserver-2
client request -> www.themsite.com -> ISA proxies request to ->
myinternalserver-3

I'm asking so because I saw that for http accelleration ISA wants me to
specifiy a "listener" and, it seems impossible to manage traffic in different
destination until I specify ANOTHER listener for DIFFERENT port than 80 for
example.

so:

it is possible to configure Example A without creating another listener ?

it is possible to configure Example B without creating another listener ?

Will two-ethernet-configuration on my ISA help ?

Thanks in advance,

Federico