ISA 2004 and remote Admin...

  • From: "Don McCall" <DMcCall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] \(E-mail\)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:59:24 +1000

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a little help.... maybe more than a little.... I had
ISA 2000 running nicely on a 2003 box with a little program called
"remote admin" (similar to terminal services) this program allows
through a specified port complete control of the desk top from a remote
PC. Remote admin is nice because access to the service can be controlled
through NT groups. However on upgrading to ISA 2004 (not successful) I
also lost the use of this program. By "not successful" I mean that the
configuration was lost in the process ( I got a failed notice during the
process and hey presto the config was gone!!!). Is there somewhere in
the dark recesses of this ISA (2004) that a port can be opened for
specific groups or clients?

Is there and ISA 2004 book available??

regards

Don McCall
Infrastructure Manager
Baptist Community Services
Phone 02 9023 2602
Email dmccall@xxxxxxxxxx
Fax 02 9889 1520

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
Baptist Community Services. 2