ISA 2004 Proxy Question

  • From: "MJ" <mjtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:40:34 -0700

Hi all,

I have ISA server running as a proxy server. I have another ISA 2000 serve
that is running as RRAS server, and it's located on the same LAN but
different subnet.
The way we use this proxy is a GPO that add the path to the proxy which is
something like http://ISASERVER.DomainName.com/Wpad.dat

As far as I know that users that connect to the VPN and browse the
internet will not go through the proxy, but when I was looking at the
monitoring console of ISA 2004 proxy I saw few lines for users that are
connected to the VPN.
This indicates that some of the traffic from VPN Users could actually go
through the proxy, but I don't know how and I don't know how to prevent
it.

Any ideas?

Thanks