ISA 2004 Authentication Question

  • From: "MJ" <mjtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:50:05 -0700

Dear all,

We have ISA 2004 been running for few months with no problems. Yesterday
we have a problem where users not able to access some web sites that need
to correction but we can?t do that at this time.
All of the web sites are hosted within our network but they all resolve to
a public IP Address, and then it?s NATed to a private IP Address to the
inside network.

This been working and then it quit working then we troubleshot the problem
so now it seems to be working just fine.

The only problem that we?re having right now is that the proxy is setup to
require authentication and use windows authentication.

After we resolved those web sites problem, now when users try to access
the Internet they get a prompt from ISA server for a user name and a
password, while it should use Windows logon, and now ask for it.

Is there something that we could to make it use windows logon and not
prompt unless the user is logged on to the local computer?

Thanks much