ISA 2000 Technology vs ISA 2000

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <Amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:19:35 -0500

Here is the response from SBS2003 partner newsgroup that I promised. It
seems that Microsoft marketing department is still out to confuse us by
using different terms in different locations.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for posting here.

From my understanding there are no differences between ISA 2000 Server
technology and ISA 2000 server, and also Exchange 2003 Server vs
Exchange 2003 Server technology. The reason why we call technology is
that they mostly are provided with solutions. Actually SBS 2003 is a
product
and sometimes we can call it a solution - SBS 2003 solution. This is
similiar with so-called 'technology'.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely,

Cliff Zhang
Microsoft Partner Online Support

MCSE 2000