IS THE BANDWIDTH MANAGEMENT OF ISA WORKING?

  • From: "Goktug Yildirim" <yildirim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:10:05 +0300

A stand alone ISA server with two NICS. It stands back a motorola router
with a 64 Mbps CIR Frame Relay WAN link. All i want to do is to set the
200 priority to http protocol and rest would be 100. As soon as i
enabled the effective bandwidth as 64 none can download a page web
without clicking the refresh botton for a few times. Also some web pages
dont appear sometimes and appear sometimes. If you bypass the isa or
disable the effective banwidth everything is ok.
I have been working this issue nearly for a month. I digged into the
whole MS KB and i tried nearly everthing. But i have some suspects
though.
Is there a possibility of incompability of router with the isa bandwidth
features?
What is the effective bandwidth? Isnt the actual bandwidth of the WAN
link?
Is there any secret rules to create a bandwidth rule? MOREOVER IS THERE
ANY SECRET WAY TO MAKE THIS BANDWIDTH TO WORK?
THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR COMMENT.

P.S: This is my 3rd writing about this problem. I hope someone responds.