Re: How to put off that damn 403 forbidden error messages?

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 06:41:36 -0700

Questions for you...
Q1 - Have you also disabled IIS socket pooling
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q238131)?
Q2 - Exactly how is the website published; server or web publishing?

A1 - Packet filtering should be left on; otherwise, all you have is a
limited RRAS functionality for another $1500 (what a deal).
A2 - You don't create wpad.dat; ISA handles that for you based on the
settings you apply to it.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/