How do you configure the ISA in a PIX DMS environment?

  • From: "Colin" <colinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:55:51 -0600

I read the article http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004isapixdmz.html
and want to configure my environment based on the section "Following the
Path to Exchange in an ISA Firewall in PIX DMZ Environment".  However, I
cannot seem to figure this out.  My DMZ network is configured as
172.16.0.0 and my Internal network is configured as 192.168.0.0.
Currently the PIX routes my external mail requests to my ISA box at
172.16.1.20 and ISA has it's "Internal" network configured to use the 192
address.  I create an SMTP mail publishing rule to listen on External and
forward to the 192 address of my Exchange server but I am getting Failed
Denied connections when I test the connection by telnetting to the
external mail domain at port 25.  Please help! Thanks!