Here's a good one for the Gatekeeper Experts. (Tom, Jim)

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:23:19 -0000

Hi Folks
Can any one answer this one.

I have had my ISA server (Stand alone & integrated) set up and running
proxy and gatekeeper pretty well for about 6 months now with few
problems, however 3 days ago the gateway started playing up.

I may be wrong here, but my understanding is that the gatekeeper is
meant to only let internal clients to connect thru, and the gateway for
external clients to connect thru.

Whenever anyone (external to the network), who formerly connected by
using the gatekeeper could connect, now they get a gateway timeout error
and cannot connect.
What is really baffling me is that if they then tick the gatekeeper tab
in netmeeting and click to connect, they then get a cannot find
gatekeeper message, but then if they click ok it connects and works
perfectly well. I have installed SP1 but that was a good few days before
this started happening. As it does still work, I'm not that bothered
apart from talking callers thru the setup when they find out they cannot
connect.

Weird or not.

ps It happens with either ip or dnsname in the settings in netmeeting.

Steve

    Gateway Systems Limited
    10 Queen Street
    Hamilton