HTTPS / ISA Server

  • From: "Richard Parsons" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:05:07 -0700

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on this?.  Not sure if the problem is ISA or
IE6.
The Problem: I use a hosting only company for my domain hosting and a
separate ISP for access, all was well when I used IE5 on network clients
through SBS 4.5 eg. win 98 / Me client machines.  I then upgraded to XP
pro and IE6.0.2800 SP1 and all hell seemed to brake loose.
Example:
accessing my Hosting control panel which is an HTTPS site is extreemly
slow and continually seems to hang (eg. no progress bar and trying to exit
has no effect) after perhaps getting to the secound page, I then
discovered that if I Netmeetinged my SBS 4.5 server and fired up IE6 on
the server I had no access problems.
Double Trouble:
I have now upgraded my original SBS 4.5 to SBS 2000 (with all available
updates), and all clients are now XPPro running IE6 with all the updates
as is the server. Not only do I have the problem on the Client machines,
but if I run a terminal services session to the server from a client, and
then try to access the HTTPS site frome the server (IE6) I now get the
same problems as above.

Can anyone help? is it a setting required in ISA? or perhaps IE6? (I have
tried setting the site as trusted in IE6) no apparent effect, Hope I'm not
wasting ISAlists time (if as I suspect its an IE6 problem).

Hosting company proved to me that they had no site problems, If anyone
wants to try the site oneandone.co.uk then go to control panel.

Any guidence would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Rick Parsons