HTTP filter not allowing downloads of .GZ files

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:42:57 -0400

Hello everyone--

I emailed this to the group last week but didn't get much in the way of
useful input. So I thought I'd ask again, just in case anyone has any
additional thoughts.

The HTTP filter on my ISA 2004 server is blocking the download of .GZ
files. If I disable the filter, the problem goes away. The tabs on the
configuration window for the filter are:
General:        Max headers length: 32768
                Allow any payload length is checked
                Max URL length: 10240
                Max query length: 10240
Methods:        Allow all methods
Extensions:     Allow all extensions
                Block requests containing ambiguous extensions is NOT
checked
Headers:        Server Header: Send original header
                Via Header: Send default header
Signatures:     Download.ject
                Fake-GoogleBar-1
                Fake_GoogleBar-2

The error message that's generated is: "Blocked by the HTTP security
filter: the response content is encoded and cannot be scanned."

Any ideas about what might be going on?

Thanks,
Rob