HTTP Redirector Filter Properties

  • From: Mark Warren <mewarren123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:15:16 -0700 (PDT)

I am writing for a public school that is wanting to block various instant
messengers.  We are a combination PC and Macintosh environment running one ISA
server with Web Proxy, Firewall, and Routing and Remote Access installed.  I
read the article that Thomas Shinder submitted on How to Block Dangerous
Instant Messengers Using ISA Server.  I am focusing particularly on MSN Instant
Messenger as it appears to be the biggest problem.  I performed the steps
listed to block it, but didn't find any success until I configured the HTTP
Redirector Filter.  This stopped MSN Messenger, but presented problems with my
Macintosh clients connecting to the Internet as apparently ISA looks at them as
unauthenticated users.  When they tried to authenticate, they still couldn't.
Is there something else I can try, or is there a particular configuration that
I need to do on the Macintosh side.  PC's were fine.

Thanks,

Mark Warren