HTML-formatted mails to the list

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 06:06:30 -0800

I have a favor to ask of our esteemed (esteamed?) membership:
Please PLEEEEEEZE don't send mail to the list using HTML-formatting.
Someone is and their "overly-featureful" mail client is using the kind of
HTML-tag obfuscation that's popular with the phishers, spammers and general
jackasses out there.

Since I'm filtering on just such sequences, I'm dropping some mail from this
list, and probably missing some very impotant missives.  Unfortunately, my mail
server can't apply a general "whitelist" to mail from www.webelists.com
(although I've requested it).

I don't care what you use to send to me personally (I only render plain text
anyway), but PLEEEEEEEEEZE stop sending to lists and newsgroups in HTML...

T'anxQ!

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/