Gee, Thanks 2.0

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 23:31:20 +0200

Tom,

Ok, you are right, if everybody would post a "dunno", I wouldn't be in the
list for too long, either :-). As a mildly intelligent person I wouldn't
seriously request this; I think my point was more that  from my point of
view, the discussion on the topic was missing. And yes, I was referring to
the "transfer limit alarm" posting.

To everybody else: I implemented a little "sorry" in my previous posting,
knowing quite well that I was a bit polemic. Most of the replys show however
that my mail was not formulated too badly.

There's one good thing that came along with it, too: Jim had the idea of a
counter-like custom alert made with ISA SDK. It's so simple when you think
of it, but I'm not too aware of the possibilites ISA gives me in
extensibility. Even though Jim said to have no idea, he gave me a valuable
clue as where to start looking further (retrieveing performance data for the
external nic etc..)

In any way this would have been possible without me "blasting the list", as
Stephen pointed out. I know that a list is not comparable to real-life
communication, where you would find it very offending when you are being
ignored. But I do expect a community to react in some way, especially if
someone asks twice and points out some sort of importance, as in my case. I
am a list member for some months now, and I have made different experiences
with my postings.

I consider my "case" closed, because for one I see more clearly what is
possible in a list, and secondly have a point to start from to solve my
issue. Thanks, Jim!

Please do not feel offended by my pevious posting, I just raised my head and
said what I thought.

Mark