Frame Relay from remote site to HQ site

  • From: "skip" <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:47:46 -0600

Our network is going to be connected to our company's HQ
site in the near future. Currently at our site we run ISA,
and we are keeping are T1 line to the internet. The
network subnet is 192.168.0.0/24. ISA is 192.168.0.1. on
the internal card. There are 100 client machines on the
network. ISA is hooked into a Cisco 3500 switch, and the
switch is hooked up to a the back panel, and the T1 line
goes from the router to the switch, and the router plugs
into the back panel. So it looks like this.

Internet----------Router-------Switch-----ISA-----internal
network. Everything works great, all clients must go
through ISA to get to the outside. Now my question is when
the HQ company comes over and hooks up another router at
our site, and connects a frame relay from us to them, then
how will the internal clients at our site know how to get
to the internet, and at the same time know how to look for
resources on the remote network. I use DHCP to assign ip's
to clients, and i do not specify a default gateway, I
simply install the firewall client, or set them up as
SNAT, or configure there IE to point to ISA. So im
assuming that evan after the frame is installed, that i
still will not require to specify the frame as a default
gateway, could i use my internal DNS server creat A hosts
records for the servers that my clients need to access?
Would this be enough, or must i specify a default gateway
to point to the router that hooks up the frame from us to
them, and if so then i can foresee this being a big
problem, because my client machines would not know how to
get to the internet.

 Many Thank's for any comments on this.