Firewall Client & IP Packet Filters

  • From: "Chhatwal, Raminder S." <RChhatwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:39:58 -0700

Hi all,

I have installed ISA in dedicated firewall mode. I am trying to use
packet filter for certain TCP ports. I have made a allow rule for the
same.
When I enable the rule, I can access that application sitting on the ISA
server, and when I disable it, I cannot access it.

Now for the problem. I cannot access the application from a client
machine on internal network if I have the ISA Firewall client enabled. I
can access the application from the same client if I disable the
firewall client regardless of the packet filter being enabled or
disabled.

I am ok with enabling the firewall client as long as my enabling and
diabling the IP packet filter works the same way it does on the ISA
server.

I will appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks
Rami.