[isalist] Re: File Sharing on the internet

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 01:07:13 -0700

Sorry I did not see this earlier Glenn.

Why do they want white papers telling them this is a bad idea when they
already have the proof in front of them in the form of a comprised server?

Simply go aGoogling for SQL attack will turn up plenty of information.

http://www.gcn.com/print/22_4/21214-1.html
http://www.securitydocs.com/library/3587

I mean, the list is long.

John T
eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"

On Behalf Of
> Glenn P. JOHNSTON
> Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 10:46 PM
> To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [isalist] File Sharing on the internet

> Hi,
>
> A company I do support work for on 'Dial a techie' basis,  has had a
contractor write
> some software that needs to access a database on the companies server. He
rolled
> this out onto the 28 sales pc's last week.
>
> He has just opened port 1433TCP and 1434UDP on the firewall to allow SQL
based
> authentications from client PC's out on the internet to access the server.
It appears

http://www.isaserver.org/articles_tutorials/