"Failed Connection Attempt" for SSL-tunnel (443) protocol

  • From: "Jonathon J. Howey" <Jonathon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:40:56 -0700

Hi,

I've created a computer object with the destination IP I'm trying to
reach, it's an authentication server for one of our apps, that
communicates over port 80 and 443.  I've since created a policy that
allows from my internal network to the destination computer, over HTTP,
HTTPS, and HTTPS Server.  I'm getting the error in the subject when I
check the logging, "Failed connection attempt".  It is using my rule.

I've also trying creating a network of just that one IP, did a secure
server publishing rule, for my internal server to that network.  I've
tried with SSL Tunneling mode for a Perimeter Network and an External
network, but to no avail.  Same error as before.  Thanks.

Jonathon J. Howey
KPSA Compliance Management Inc.
P 780.409.5620
F 780.409.5621