RE: FYI: ISA 2004 Enterprise on SBS 2003 network?

  • From: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:38:33 -0800

ISA 2004 Enterprise on SBS 2003 network?: =
http://forums.isaserver.org/ISA_2004_Enterprise_on_SBS_2003_network%3f/m_=2001997263/tm.htm

Since I can't read the post and only guess at it there's one thing that goes through my mind...well a couple of things...

1. This can't be a real small business with software they bought because no business owner would buy Enterprise to put on a SBS box...or even in front of it for that matter
2. They won it from some TS event
3. uh... don't tell me where they got the software... I may not want to know.

Other thoughts... if you 'can' afford ISA 2004 enterprise by all means put it on a separate box...an hopefully match it up with it's matching OS of Win2k3 Enterprise but honestly ... why waste a cordon bleu Filet Mignon meal in front of a Meat Loaf and Potatoes. They don't belong together.

If you want ISA 2004 and you choose SBS because it's right for your business and the right blend of risk versus functionality ... get the SBS 2003 premium version. Don't waste that fine cut of beef in front of a good and filling meal.

Enterprise belongs in Enterprise.
Small business belongs in Small business [and you get the wizards and support of SBS to boot] Kinda like a free slice of apple pie and ice cream thrown in with the meatloaf.

Okay enough with the food ... it's lunchtime I'm getting hungry...