FW: Re: SQL linked server problem

  • From: "Adam Hearne" <adam.hearne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:04:38 -0000

1. External interface entry on LAT has now been removed. (hasn't
helped!!??)

2. We don't host the web server which has the SQL database on it but we
know their side works, its just our ISA server in between that is the
problem. 3. In regards to the rules, I though I had these defined
perfectly but if its still not working, then maybe I have done something
wrong... Do I just make a protocol definition and then make a protocol
rule to apply that definition? Ports 1433 and 1434?

I have firewall client and secureNAT clients configured.  All platforms
are Windows 2000 server.

Looks like I could be in for an all-nighter......

I will supply any info that is needed to help you guys with this, as
your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

PS. Did the last duplicate posting of this message display a bunch of
weird characters?

NOTICE - This message is the property of yourinsurancegroup (brokers) limited.
It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient

of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or
take

any action with respect to it.  If you have received this message in error
please notify

the systems team immediately via e-mail to: postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx