FW: RE: RES: i want to know for whome this IP-Address

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:24:59 +1100

Sobo, Steve did all the work for you. Chances are its someone sitting at home
on a cable connection in the UK.

You should have read this with more interest when it was posted.

Greg

According to http://www.ripe.net/whois (publicly available information)

The 81.153.0.0 address space is registered to BT, and there is a comment to
send abuse reports to abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx which leads me to believe that this
is a block reserved for consumer/residential broadband customers in the UK -
but that is not in any way a guarantee, just an educated guess.

Steve T.