FW Client Update Question

  • From: Paul Hutchings <PAUL.HUTCHINGS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:32:28 -0000

Hi All,

Can someone carify exactly what and when the firewall client updates its
settings?

If I install the client, and then using ISA Management add a server/domain
to the Web Browser Properties "direct access" tab, I'd expect machines with
the FW Client installed to bypass the proxy when going to those addresses.

It doesn't do so with the clients running FW Client, and with the ISA server
set as the proxy - as soon as I set IE to use the default configuration
script it works.  I'm worried that this will be OK for new installs but that
existing FW Client installations won't update the IE settings?

In general things are working fine, but as we add internal servers it would
be nice to be able to add them to the Direct Access list and have all
clients know about the change automagically.

TIA,
Paul
--
Paul Hutchings