[isalist] Re: FW: Circumventing quarantine control in Windows 2003 and ISA 2004

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:59:52 -0500

Yep, its not a security feature, it's a client health checking feature
for non-malicous connections.

While I would like a toaster to also be massage chair and a cigar boat,
the toaster just wasn't designed for those capabilities.

There are VPN-Q add-ins such as Fred Esnouf's QSS and Winfrasoft's VPN-Q
2006 which do make it a security feature, but out of the box it ain't.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7