FTP whit explorer an other username and password

  • From: "Mosimann Werner" <werner.mosimann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 05:39:23 -0700

Hi

I have some problems with the ISA 2004 Server and the ftp access.

We want to connect a ftp server with the Internet explorer only for
download.

The ISA Server is not the clients default gateway. The clients are using
the ISA Server as their Proxy Server (configure in the Internet Explorer)

We are NOT using the firewall clients. We don't want to install this
client.

I have create a policy for the ftp access.

The read only is deselected under the configure ftp.

ftp sites like ftp.suse.de or ftp.hp.com are open without problems.

We like to access a ftp server in the Internet that need an other username
and password for authentication.  That is not working fine.

Is it possible to configure this without install the firewall Client?

I have lost 2days with testing please help!

Thanks in advance for any help