RE: FTP proxy warning

  • From: "William Robertson" <william.robertson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:32:49 +0200

Hi Kerry

May I presume that you have WEB-published your FTP Server? If memory
serves correctly I got this exact same problem when trying to get my FTP
Publishing to work properly.

To get your FTP Server published on ISA you need to do the following:

1)       Server-publish your FTP Server with the default FTP Server
protocol definition within ISA (Web-publishing only allows read-only
access to your FTP Server, that's why if you want to be able to upload
etc, you need to use Server Publishing)

2)       Ensure your FTP Server is a SecureNAT client of ISA, and then
create a Site & Content Rule permitting the FTP Server to access All
External Destinations.

3)       Follow Tom Shinder's guide on publishing an internal FTP Server
(Look in the Learning Section of ISAServer.org and click on the
Publishing option.)

Cheers

William R.