Re: FTP Into DMZ

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 18:40:14 -0700

Jim,

I have a back to back setup and I setup FTP on the WEB server in the
DMZ.
The external ISA machine does not have FTP inbound or outbound access,
the Internal ISA machine has outbound access pointing to server in the
DMZ. On the internal DNS machine I added a DNS entry for the FTP machine
in the DMZ.
Then I published the server in the DMZ on the INTERNAL ISA machine.  Not
sure if that was a good idea or not.

I'm actually publishing multiple sites by using host headers, so I'm not
sure if the setup that I found in the MS KB.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q194/8/26.ASP will work
or not.

One message I'm getting now is can't login to ftp site, also not sure if
I can use multiple ftp sites for each of the webs I wish to post.

I also thought I would install front page extensions on the web to see
if that helps.  No go.

Maybe I should setup a specific staging machine that can be used between
a dev environment and the DMZ?

This issue has been bugging me for about 2 weeks. Thanks for the help!

Joseph