Endless struggle with NNTP

  • From: "Mohamad Alkazaz" <mohamad.alkazaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:19:32 -0700

I am trying to allow all internal clients to access newsgroups like
msnews.microsoft.com through our ISA 2000 server (installed in Integrated
mode).

I created a protocol rule to allow ALL IP traffic and this applies to any
request. The firewall client is installed on the PCs in question, yet...
they cannot access newsgroups.

I created a packet filter for port 119, as well as protocol rule for NNTP-
related protocols, nothing is working.

Any idea what shall I do?

** It would be a good idea to publish the solution to this issue in the
Learning Zone
P.S. please feel free to email me directly if you could help.

Thank you for your help